Our efforts will be to help you to learn
- To keep yourself and your surroundings clean. It is the reflection of your inner self.
- To compete with yourself, and not with others; to achieve more and better to stretch your potential a little further to the maximum than you will remember, the sky is not the limit-only you can limit yourself.
- That success or achievement does not come by chance or luck. Luck usually smiles on those who burn the midnight oil while their companions slumber.
- To pray to the Almighty to give you the strength to achieve the things you can, and the serenity to accept what you cannot and above all the wisdom to know the difference.
- To struggle against all odds; that greatness is not in achieving the easy and the ordinary; it is in achieving the seemingly impossible that greatness lies; that history is made by the courageous who dared to question and to challenge the ordinary and the easy.
- Never to disown, hurt, or oppress the poor, nor to bend your knees before insolent might.
- That you learn to give, and give generously till it pains; but let not your left hand know what your right hand is giving. How much ever you may give it is never more than what you have received; for what you have received is infinite life and love.
- Not to waste your time; there is never enough time to learn, to love, to give, to achieve, to wonder, to leave behind a legacy; a minute lost is lost forever; it can never be retrieved; if health and wealth are lost, they may still be regained, but not time. One life is not enough to unravel the mysteries of life and of this universe, “One crowded hour of life is worth an age without a name”.
- To appreciate the beauty and goodness in the universe, the beauty and goodness within you, the beauty and goodness in others.
- That a good deed sets in motion a chain of other good deeds, just as a warm smile will not fail to reflect another warm smile.
- That every human being is basically good. If anyone is ‘bad’ to you, it is not your fault; he may have been treated badly by others. May be your goodness to him will bring back his own goodness. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth has never brought anybody peace, but when one strikes you on one cheek show him the other. It brings reconciliation, conversion and repentance. Unfortunately the world today has forgotten this art and hence the unhappiness, the misery, the wars, the killings, the sufferings and the poverty of today’s world.
- Never to curse darkness, but light a candle instead; “How far does a little lamp throw its light in a dark night, so does a good deed shine in this naughty world.”
- That His great Universe and all it contains is the creation of the Almighty; and nothing happens·in this Universe without His knowledge and consent, however unfathomable His ways may be. Hence, man should endeavour to work in tune with nature and the Almighty. Do not pollute nature; keep the ecological balance.
- That you cannot beat God; You are in God’s hand like clay in a potter’s hand. God has beautiful designs and you will find the beautiful designs God has for you unfolding itself in your life.
- That nothing is absolute or final in life; that change is an absolute truth; we have only partial truths; be willing to give up the partial truth as you discover greater truth. The Almighty is the only absolute truth.
- To develop within you the harmony of the body and soul, nature and creativity, reasons and desire.
- Not to be afraid to go against the current. It is better to be struggling with a hard task than being complacent over a small success; a defeat in the face of a humanly insurmountable task is better than the satisfaction of a small achievement; sacrifice of one’s own life for a worthy cause is better than a long life that no one has reasons to -remember.
- That each individual is unique, and each must find his own unique path in life to success and fulfilment. There is no challenge, and therefore no reward in the beaten path; each one blossoms in his own uniqueness. Therefore, you decide your destiny and you make it. Others, even teachers and parents, are only helpers. Dare to take the path less travelled, for that will make all the·difference in your life. We do not believe in fate.
- Be always on the search to discover, to explore; the possibilities and opportunities are unlimited.
- That it is possible to agree to disagree; that it is O.K. to be different; it is healthy to look for one’s own happiness ( though not at the expense of another’s).
- To be prepared to pay the price of greatness and achievement; Jesus Christ was crucified and killed before he rose from the dead to eternal life; Socrates had to drink the cup of hemlock and die before the world acknowledged his greatness. Siddhartha had to renounce his palace, his kingdom and his family and wander for years before he became the enlightened one.
“Lives of great men all remind us,
We can make lives sublime
And departing leave behind us,
Footprints that perhaps another
Sailing o’er lives solemn main
A forlorn and shipwreck’ d brother
Seeing shall take Heart again
(This is a great task we have set for ourselves. With faith in the Almighty, with faith in you and with faith in ourselves, we dare to explore the unknown.)